It is a privilege to connect with you.
I started this website because of many requests for information about disability programs. I share information from my degree in Christian education and years of experience in both large and small Methodist churches. As a disabled person and advocate, I’ve written materials to help others with similar needs, and share the information and knowledge I’ve gained. I hope it helps you find your path as you explore my site.
The Sacred Path Through the Scary Cancer Woods
My new offering is a book about the scary cancer woods. I started the book years ago but put it aside as life kept happening. Then one day I was diagnosed with colon cancer, Stage 3, high risk. Of the 43 lymph nodes removed only one was cancerous. Bob looked at me and said, “We are about to find out if the book you have been writing is true.” We did travel the sacred path in my cancer, and it is true, and five years later I am writing about it. We hope you will find something valuable for you. I am offering one chapter at a time as I finish them which you may share or download for free. The chronovirus messed me up, so I am doing my own tech work and not doing it very well. One day I will learn how to link them to make it easier for you. This file offers the table of contents so you may see the scope of the book, and I offer the introduction and Chapter 1.Other chapters are visible in the banner line until I figure how to link them. So, good luck with that, eh?
THE SACRED PATH THROUGH THE SCARY CANCER WOODS
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction and Meet the wolf in the woods and find out what he steals and what he can’t steal
Chapter 2: The Sacred Walk: What Is It, and Who’s the Companion
Chapter 3: Nurturing the Inner Life to Stay on the Spiritual Path
Chapter 4: Creativity as Part of the Healing Walk in Cancer
Chapter 5: Fear with Feathers: Being Chicken in the Scary Cancer Woods
Chapter 6: Family and Friends Walk, Talk and Act Cancer
Chapter 7: Fellow Walkers on the Cancer Path
Chapter 8: Ditches, Potholes, Cliffs and Trails Without Maps
Chapter 9: Sudden Drop Offs: Worries, anxieties, depression and talking to Children about death
Chapter 9: Meditation Words-of-the-Day While Walking
Footnotes and Notes
THE SACRED WALK THROUGH THE SCARY CANCER WOODS
Don’t catch your breath.
There is a way to do more than just get through cancer. This book will introduce you to a sacred, creative, factual, research supported way of thinking about cancer. It will show you how to walk a protected path through the scary cancer woods in the company of a God who never leaves you. It is not a magic formula and does not guarantee healing but promises you company on the scary cancer path.
It promises to introduce you to a God of WITH who is sprinkled on the path like rain on a thirsty garden.
Learn a new definition for sacred
You’ll find out how to jangle your immune system
Learn a thought/word for the day to amuse and/or inspire you
And other things like dogs and drums you never thought were related to cancer or healing.
In addition, my website has a five tier personality.
- Writing Credits
- Advocate for mental illness
- Pain is Such a Pain
- Emergency Planning for persons with special needs in churches
- Disability readable materials including parent information, worship, leader information, and more
In the current book section, you will find the following:
- EVERY CHILD CAN BLOOM IN THE INCLUSIVE CLASSROOM is a guidebook with practical tips for creating a comfort zone for all children with and without disabilities. For teachers or anyone working with children and their parents.
- QUICK LOOK FOR VOLUNTEER EMERGENCY RESPONDERS: A GUIDE FOR AIDING PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES is the result of working with community emergency volunteers who wanted quick and correct information with picture boards.
- HARPS IN THE WILLOWS STRENGTHS FOR REINVENTING LIFE is the result of my work with chronic illness support groups.
- CHEERLEADERS FOR GOD and other PARTICIPATION STORIES is a hole-punched and shrink-wrapped collection for use with persons with disabilities or as litanies for the general population. Lots of biblical echoes.
- THE LONG ROAD HOME ROMANCE COLLECTION features three stories by Judi Ann Ehresman and one by Naomi Mitchum, THE RELUCTANT IMMIGRANT.
- GET WITH IT SPENCER! is especially good for children with vision problems or for those with perfect vision who like a good laugh. Poor Spencer, a rooster who needs glasses, crows at all the wrong times. People throw things.
All are available to order from me and pay through PayPal.